Cat Hair In The Paint Pot

Cat Hair In The Paint Pot

Or

Get off the damn table ya buggers!!!

Friday 9 March 2012

Warriors of Chaos Vs Demons

Posted Image

Round 2 saw us drawn against Squigs: manglers! I got drawn against;

Ben 'Panzer' Harris, Daemons of Chaos (Ben got a choice of who to play against). This is what he had;

Great Unclean One (Balesword, Noxious Vapours) - 550 points

Herald of Khorne (Battle Standard, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade) - 165 points
Herald of Nurgle (Stream of Bile) - 140 points
Herald of Tzeentch (Spellbreaker) - 140 points

28 Bloodletters of Khorne (Full Command, Icon of Endless War) - 391 points
24 Plaguebearers of Nurgle (Full Command, Icon of Seeping Decay) - 343 points
10 Horrors of Tzeentch (Musician) - 126 points
5 Furies - 60 points
5 Furies - 60 points

5 Flamers of Tzeentch - 175 points
Fiend of Slaanesh - 55 points
Fiend of Slaanesh - 55 points
Bloodcrusher of Khorne - 70 points
Bloodcrusher of Khorne - 70 points


"The Demons Right flank"
Posted Image

Ben’s 7 small drops got him the choice to place his combat units opposite my units that would be most beneficial to him. This is where Ben’s experience put him above me in the skill level. It worked out that his blood letters would face off against my khorne unit and his plagues would be against my tzeentch unit. I would have preferred it to be the other way around.


"Looking down Ben's battle line"
Posted Image

As the game played out my knights got tuck into his fat guy unclean one and got him down to 1 or 2 wounds before they got hit in the flank by his letters when they had held and then beasted up my khorne unit.
My tzeentch unit did a number on the plague bearers but this took a long time and was not enough to help me in the end. Ben’s chaff out chaffed mine.

I think in this game I played too aggressively and should have deployed further back and used a turn or 2 to get better positions before the combat started. 20 – 0 to Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment