Cat Hair In The Paint Pot

Cat Hair In The Paint Pot

Or

Get off the damn table ya buggers!!!

Sunday 19 February 2012

Warriors of Chaos, Icons of the gods


Something that I have been meaning to do for a while was to make some kind of visual item that makes what mark a unit has in my Warriors army more obvious.

Because I want to keep a fixed colour scheme throught the army I need to steer away from the common practice of painting the units with colours that represent which chaos god they follow. This can in turn make it easier to swap marks on the units as I wish between games to try different things.

My first thought was to make models carrying an icon but decided that this would use p lots of figure that could often end up left in the case/shelf when that particular mark was not being used.

I finaly decided to make a 4 base unit filler that depicted a particular chaos god that could be placed in the unit giving a very easy to see visual que as to what that unit was marked with.


I used a 50mm base ( equals 4 x 25mm bases) with a pillar from the arcane ruins set. To this I added some bits from my bits box and then gave tham a quick splash of colour.

The first 2 that I have done are for Khorne (red) and Tzeentch (blue/green). Next will be Nurgle and Slaanesh.




No comments:

Post a Comment